Environmental Policy Statement
John Bourne & Co Limited recognise the importance of managing the earth's resources responsibly for the benefit of present and future generations. To this end, we will seek to continually improve our environmental performance and in particular we will:
- take account of environmental issues in the planning, design and implementation of projects in consultation with our clients.
- comply with relevant environmental legislation and regulations.
- seek to minimise significant environmental impacts of our activities through the progressive development of environmental management procedures as determined by our business needs.
- review annually our environmental policy and consider the need for any amendments in the light of changing circumstances.
- advise clients, where appropriate, of the environmental issues associated with our activities so that environmental issues can be given due weight with technical and financial considerations in the delivery of products and services.
Waste represents environmental and economic inefficiency. Accordingly, we should reduce our consumption of resources to levels reasonably needed, and we should reuse those assets where practicable. Finally, we should dispose of resources intelligently, recycling those that can be utilized economically in a different form. We must recognize, however, that some recycling processes consume more resources than they save.
The Managing Director has overall responsibility for this policy.
Implementation of this policy is the responsibility of all employees at all levels. The Company will communicate openly with all employees, the general public, government, regulatory authorities and all interested parties to further the shared goal of improving the environment.
Quality Policy Statement
John Bourne & Co Limited is dedicated to a quality policy that will ensure that its products and services fully meet the requirements of its customers at all times. Our Company is committed to the search for excellence and the total satisfaction of our customers’ justifiable and legitimate demands, and their specific requirements. We seek to deliver products and services in a manner that is not detrimental to the environment or to the health & safety of our staff, customers and the general public.
The quality policy is based on these fundamental principles:
- the Company is responsible for reviewing our service provision processes, identifying the potential for errors and taking the necessary action to eliminate them; ensuring that tasks are completed in the most cost effective and timely manner for the benefit of all of our customers.
- the Directors are charged with the provision of an ongoing staff training and development programme so that quality policy is understood, implemented and maintained at all levels within the Company.
- staff members will be personally responsible for fully identifying customer requirements, and ensuring that the correct procedures are followed to meet these requirements.
- all personnel are responsible for ensuring that if mistakes are made the correct procedures are followed to ensure that they are rectified quickly, and are not repeated.
We shall ensure that all our personnel understand and fully implement our Company's policies and objectives and are able to perform their duties effectively through an ongoing training and development programme.
We receive information when you view content on our websites. This Log Data includes information such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, the referring web page, pages visited and search terms. We do this to find out information such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site, and how we can improve the site and the materials thereon.
However, we do not ourselves have the ability to identify you personally from this data, and we will not share it with any third parties, except under the circumstances detailed below in Exceptions. We use Log Data only for keeping our website secure and for measuring the impact . We will retain this data for a maximum of 26 months.
When you choose to contact us through a web form, we need your name, email address, and telephone number. This Address Data is used to respond to your request. If you download information we may ask for your email address so that we can inform you of any subsequent changes to the information we provide. In exceptional cases, we may use Address Data to provide you with other information which may be important to you in connection with our business, for instance for major changes to our terms or policies.
We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. These may include packaging companies to fulfil information requests, Royal Mail to send post, and marketing companies to inform you of our new products and services. These companies will have access to your Address Data, but may not use it for any other purpose and are required to process the data in accordance with current UK Data Protection legislation.
We will never share your Address Data with any other third parties, except under the circumstances detailed below in Exceptions. We will retain this data until either (a) you tell us to delete it, or (b) we discover that it is no longer accurate, or (c) we cease to do business.
If you buy goods or services from us, or if you supply us with goods or services, we will retain data which is relevant for the fulfilment of our contract with you, and for accounting, taxation or other regulatory purposes. We will never share this data with third parties except to the extent necessary to fulfil the contracts, or under the circumstances detailed below in Exceptions. We will use the data for contractual purposes and, unless you tell us not to, for future marketing of our goods and services. We will retain this data for a maximum of six years after we last did business with you.
International transfers of data
Our webserver, and therefore the Log Data, is hosted by pair Networks, Inc in the United States. They comply with the EU-US Privacy Shield principles and are subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the US Federal Trade Commission and other authorised statutory bodies. You can obtain full details of the EU-US Privacy Shield here.
All other data is held in the UK.
You control the personal data you share with us. At any time, you can request to see this data, or for us to amend it. You can request that we delete your Address Data. You can also request that we cease using your Address Data for sending you newsletters, or printed tickets. If you are a customer or supplier of ours, you can request that we cease using Contractual Data for continued marketing of our goods and services to you.
You may contact us with requests of this nature in any way you prefer, as listed on our contact page, or specifically via e-mail (at the bottom of this page).
If you wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local supervisory authority or with our supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner's Office. You can find their contact details here.
Our services are not directed to children, and you may not share data with us if you are under the age of 16. You must also be old enough to consent to the processing of your personal data in your country.